- National priorities
- Projects & funding schemes
- Participating laboratories
- Funding agencies
- National contact
The Australian contribution to global Biogeochemical-Argo is coordinated through the Australia-India Strategic Research Fund (AISRF) Indian Ocean Bio-Argo project “Characterizing the changing Indian Ocean’s biogeochemistry and ecology using revolutionary new robotic tools” and the IMOS Argo-Australia facility.
- The overall priorities of the Australian Biogeochemical-Argo program is to enable cost-effective observations of large scale changes in the biogeochemistry and pelagic ecology of the oceans surrounding Australia.
- Areas of preferential deployments are essentially (but not exclusively) the eastern South Indian Ocean, the western South Pacific Ocean, and the Indian and Pacific sectors of the Southern Ocean.
- A strong focus on data management is a high priority for the Biogeochemical-Argo program in Australia, with a strong commitment to coordinating data management with the Argo-Australia data management team and activity in development of quality control software tools.
The Australian contribution to global Biogeochemical-Argo is currently supported through project-based funding, including:
- AISRF “Characterizing the changing Indian Ocean’s biogeochemistry and ecology using revolutionary new robotic tools”
- IO Bio-Argo project: https://research.csiro.au/iobioargo
- IMOS Argo-Australia facility
Australian Government: Department of Industry, Innovation and SkillsAustralia-India Strategic Research Fund (AISRF).The Australia-India Strategic Research Fund (AISRF) helps Australian researchers from public and private sectors to participate with Indian scientists in leading-edge scientific research projects and workshops.
Australian Government: Department of Education and TrainingNational Collaborative Research Infrastructure Strategy (NCRIS)The National Collaborative Research Infrastructure Strategy drives research excellence and collaboration between 35,000 researchers, government and industry to deliver practical outcomes.
Oceans and AtmosphereProviding knowledge to manage Australia's marine areas and atmospheric environment.